Resin Bound DrivewaysResin bound driveways are created by mixing natural aggregate with resin to create a permeable, durable, smooth surface. This is an ideal option for those looking for a fixed driveway without any loose stones.
The resin bounding process involves:
- Thoroughly mixing natural aggregate, marble or stones with clear resin
- To be most effective, each stone needs to be fully covered in resin
- The mix is immediately laid on a stable surface, usually with a trowel
Resin Bonded DrivewaysUnlike resin bound driveways, the aggregate used on resin bonded driveways is not fixed or smooth. The process is similar but rather than mixing the aggregate with the resin before applying it to the surface, the resin is applied to the driveway first and the aggregate is scattered over the top.
The resin bonding process involves:
- Applying a film of resin to the surface of the drive
- Scattering clean, dry aggregate over the driveway to completely cover the resin
- Allowing the driveway to cure
- Sweeping up excess stones to create an even finish