Resin bonded driveways have become increasingly popular over the last few decades here in the UK. They were initially pioneered in the US market before making their way across the pond.
How Do They Work?
The process involves applying a coat of resin to your chosen surface and scattering loose, dried aggregates across the resin before it sets and dries. You can either use pre-coated aggregates or seal the system by applying the resin over scattered stone.
Resin bonding is sometimes referred to as scatter coat, broadcast or coat system but all means the same process.
What makes resin bonded driveways so popular is that they can be overlaid on almost any existing surface, and they can be applied in a range of colours and finishes to suit any property or location.
What Do They Look Like?
The finished effect is one of gravel but without any of the annoying drawbacks such as gravel moving around the driveway, causing damage to property or vehicles, or drawing lines.
The resin bonding techniques create beautiful driveways and other walkways and surfaces that have relatively light traffic.
Another great benefit of resin bonded driveways is their low maintenance requirements once installed.
Other Benefits of Resin Bonding
Every year, resin bonded driveways increase in popularity and with these benefits, it’s easy to see why.
- Resin bonded driveways are one of the most cost-effective ways to create a stunning outdoor space as the materials used are relatively low cost and can be laid over existing surfaces so there are no costs associated with taking up the surface beforehand.
- One of the main features property owners look for is durability, and with a 10 year life expectancy, UV stability and next to no maintenance, resin bonding ticks all the right boxes.
- Permeability is a key feature of resin bonded driveways which means that water easily drains through the porous structure and you can avoid excess pooling and flooding.
- Getting a driveway or outdoor space that matches your existing property is vital and luckily, resin bonded driveways come with so much choice! There is a wide range of colours, materials and textures to perfectly match your desired look and taste.
- Resin bonding is one of the quickest processes to apply when it comes to driveways and your new surface will be ready in 3-5 hours for your complete convenience.
Here at Premier Surfacing, we also provide every customer with a 1-2-1 meeting to discuss the design, layout and the logistical aspects of your driveway. We have a fully trained and experienced workforce who can talk you through the whole resin bonding
process. Contact us today to get started 01952 840 838.