Many people opt to transform their back garden or outdoor space with some traditional wood decking. However, a pattern imprinted concrete deck could actually be a much more effective alternative. As not only does it require less cleaning and maintenance while still being as aesthetically pleasing as traditional decking, it also comes with other benefits too...
Pattern imprinted concrete is actually a fantastic option for anyone who is looking to maximise their outdoor space, whether to relaxing or entertaining. It manages to combine the very best features of both a patio paving and decking.
The common issues with traditional wood decking
Wood decking has always been one of the most popular materials used by homeowners to enhance their outdoor space or garden, largely because it’s relatively easy to install and looks impressive.
But there are a few common issues with traditional wood decking, including:
- It can be all too easy for poorly protected wooden decking to rot or become discoloured, thanks to the rainy and drizzly UK weather.
- It can often require a complete repaint, in order to make sure that it keeps its aesthetics.
- Speaking of the rain, it can also become very slippery, especially in the winter months.
- If boards or planks haven’t been installed correctly, they can often warp or raise up.
- It generally requires a fair bit of maintenance and upkeep, and tends not to be as long lasting.
- It’s quite susceptible to weeds, as they can grow through the planks, as well as moss and algae.
- Protective coating needs to be applied to it at least once a year.
What is pattern imprinted concrete decking?
The popularity of pattern imprinted concrete has gone from strength to strength, not only as driveway and patio paving option, but also as an alternative to wooden decking too. It comes with all the benefits of a concrete patio, combined with the aesthetics and appeal of traditional decking.
It’s a hugely flexible and gorgeous looking surface material, which is perfectly suited to either a more traditional or more contemporary design aesthetic. It also comes with non of the issues associated with wooden decking.
The benefits of pattern imprinted concrete decking
Concrete patios can be a very practical and cost-effective solution to sprucing up your outdoor area, and they won’t discolour or need coating again every year, after the winter season.
There are a number of benefits included with pattern imprinted concrete, such as:
- It’s very low maintenance, so you won’t have to handle the hassle of constantly cleaning and coating it like wooden decking.
- It has a much longer life-span due to requiring minimal care.
- It’s very flexible, allowing you to add additional features easily, and it can be poured into any shape required.
- It will never warp like wood in wet conditions, or if it’s placed around ponds, or other water features.
- It’s incredibly easy to install and combines durability with an amazing looking finish.
If you’re looking to enhance your outdoor space with pattern imprinted concrete, our highly experienced staff at Premier Surfacing are ready and waiting to provide you with this perfect surface solution.
For more information, or for a free quotation please contact us today on 01952840838.